SIGN IN to save and publish your game
or LOG IN and manage your created games
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER HELP
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER is a free online application to create Escape The Room games. Build challenging casual point and click games with puzzles, hidden objects, safes with combination locks, and much more.
YOU are game designer. And for free :-)
Fan of Room Escape Games in general? Join the Room Escape Games community on Google+.
Help creating games
If you need to know more about how to create your games, we recommend you to watch this amazing tutorial created by PhantomDarkness135.
Do you still have questions? You can always roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . com contact us and we'll be more than pleased to help.
When you send a game to review, be sure you don't have anything else to change about it. If it becomes eligible for publishing, the url address will become unavailable for other games you'll have.
While on review, these are the reasons that may prevent us from validating your game:
- Irrelevant title, keywords or description.
- Description in other languages than English.
- Any kind of spamming.
- Any kind of copyright infringement.
- Inappropriate texts or codes.
- Simplicity (for example, tests with only one object to find in order to end the game).
- Having another main challenge than having to get out of a room.
- Objects being used as something completely different for no believable reason.
- Objects floating around or being displayed without logic and context.
- Having a view change too much after a click on something.
- Mouse cursor changing when hovering something but no visual feedback after a click.
- Bugs like when you click on some object and it keeps being added to the inventory on every click.
- Weird library items being added to the inventory during the game (a hole or a darkness effect, for example).
- General bugs that may prevent players from ending the game.
- No ending.
Also, avoid having items to be added to the inventory during your game if these items are not going to be really useful. This may only confuse players.
Besides that, please note that even if you publish your game after our review, we reserve the right to unpublish it at any time if one of the conditions above is not respected.
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER was tested on
- Chrome 40.0.2214.94 m
- Firefox 21.0
- Safari 5.1.7
- Opera 12.02
- IE 9
If the application have bugs or options you don't understand, please roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . com contact us with detailed information and screen captures to let us know. We want to make this a great experience for you.
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER NEWS
Follow us on twitter to get all the news!
And don't worry, we won't spam your feed! This Twitter account was created to tweet about the latest ROOM ESCAPE MAKER updates. It may be used sometimes to promote some created games but rarely for other stuff.
Play all the games as soon as they're published!
If you're not only a designer, but also a player, we recommend you to follow us on Facebook and Google+ too. We'll be posting some news there too, but these accounts are mostly used to share recently published games.
March 10, 2014
- A bug that was preventing designers to test theirs games was fixed.
March 2, 2014
- The game ending pop-up was improved.
February 4, 2014
- The game manager you see once your game is published was improved.
- You can now share your game in many social networks.
- New messages were added to the library.
January 23, 2014
- Shades of the colors of your game are now applied to the interface.
Around Christmas, 2013
- The object limit in a room view is now 60.
- Codes length has been increased by 2.
- You can now show and hide 4 objects on each interaction.
- You can now bring objects to front or send them to back.
December 14, 2013
- Christmas objects are finally here :-)
December 09, 2013
- The library was messy. We cleaned up a little and added subcategories.
December 06, 2013
- Infinite games! Create more by having your friends sign up using your username in the referral field.
November 24, 2013
- Users can't have a 4th game using the Facebook post anymore.
- You now get rewarded with a new blank game when people you invited to ROOM ESCAPE MAKER creates their first game.
October 26, 2013
- Many new objects were added to the library these last weeks and now you can also enjoy the Halloween decorations.
September 26, 2013
- Your game can now have a walkthrough page. If this wasn't automatically added, roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . com contact us to know more about the feature.
September 25, 2013
- The option to flip objects is available. This doubles the amount of library content :-)
- A bug that was making objects disappear should be fixed.
September 15, 2013
- The object limit in a room view is now 50.
- We've done some serious optimization for faster display.
- A bug that was preventing objects from being dragged was fixed.
September 11, 2013
- You can now sort the items from the inventory by category.
August 27, 2013
- The compatibility of ROOM ESCAPE MAKER on tablets was improved.
August 25, 2013
- The bonus game added by social sites is now only available on the Facebook fan page.
- From now on, if a game you've created reaches 100 votes and an average rating over 50%, you'll receive an extra game into your account :-)
August 20, 2013
- You can now find all the created games in one page.
August 16, 2013
- We decided to give a 4th game at anytime. Just go to our Facebook or Google+ fan page and find out how can you get yours.
August 9, 2013
- To promote the ROOM ESCAPE MAKER community, we're giving to some users the possibility of having not 3 but 4 games to design. You have until next thursday to check out our Facebook or Google+ fan page and know what the condition is.
- We've shortened the final url address to your games.
August 6, 2013
- Many small bugs were fixed.
- Every game has now its own thumbnail.
August 2, 2013
- About 20 items were added to the library. From now on, we'll be putting labels on all new items so you can identify them.
August 1, 2013
- A great Tutorial was uploaded. Many thanks to PhantomDarkness135 for agreeing on doing this.
July 30, 2013
- About 40 new items were added to the library.
July 29, 2013
- Statistics for published games
- Credits for user content
July 20, 2013
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER release :-)
The application is brand new and we hope you don't find many bugs. In any case, please test away and roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . com send feedback. Also, feel free to share it with your friends to motivate everyone to add content and create room escape games.