JIG Test RoomRoom Escape Game created by Trinn
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER HELP
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER is a free online application to create Escape The Room games. Build challenging casual point and click games with puzzles, hidden objects, safes with combination locks, and much more.
YOU are game designer. And for free :-)
Fan of Room Escape Games in general? Join the Room Escape Games community on Google+.
Help creating games
If you need to know more about how to create your games, we recommend you to watch this amazing Tutorial created by PhantomDarkness135. Everything you need to know should be there.
Content to create games (you can contribute)
We are constantly updating the application library with texts and images for you to use on your games. That said, if you want to help us speed things up, you are more than welcome. What we suggest is for you to roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . comcontact us sending your ideas or content to add to the library. Images sent and accepted will feature a reference to your username and everyone will be able to use them.
What we ask you is to NOT send images that infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Basically, each image must be YOUR original work. It is also important to say that images must be appropriate for all ages. This is a family website ;-)
Oh, and last but not least, sending your images is accepting to have them featured as part of games created with ROOM ESCAPE MAKER for an unlimited amount of time and is agreeing to the use of the image for display and posting of the image on the Internet in connection with advertising, marketing and promotion for the application.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR IMAGES:
- Style: We welcome all styles, but please be sure the images integrates well with the others. Be sure the light source is above the object, avoid perspective and do not send blurry images.
- Dimensions: No more than 600 pixels wide and no more than 400 pixels high. Each grid square has 20 x 20 pixels so this is the minimum size for your creations.
- File Format: PNG with alpha
- File Size: Less than 100KB (we recommend you to use PunyPNG)
If you have any question, just ask :-)
When you send a game to review, be sure you won't have anything else to change about it. If the game gets published, the url address will become public and unavailable for other games. While on review, these are the reasons that may prevent us from publishing your game:
- Irrelevant name, title, keywords or description for your game.
- Description in other languages than English.
- Any kind of spamming.
- Any kind of copyright infringement.
- Inappropriate texts or codes.
- Objects being used extremely out of context.
- Objects floating around in your game without logical explanation.
- Bugs like when you click on some object and it keeps being added to the inventory on every click.
- Weird game elements being added to the inventory (a window for example).
- General bugs that may prevent players from ending the game.
- No ending.
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER was tested on
- Chrome 28.0.1500.72 m
- Firefox 21.0
- Safari 5.1.7
- Opera 12.02
- IE 9
If the application have bugs or options you don't understand, please roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . comcontact us with detailed information and screen captures to let us know. We want to make this a great experience for you.
Terms and conditions
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER NEWS
March 2, 2014
- The game ending pop-up was improved.
February 4, 2014
- The game manager you see once your game is published was improved.
- You can now share your game in many social networks.
- New messages were added to the library.
January 23, 2014
- Shades of the colors of your game are now applied to the interface.
Around Christmas, 2013
- The object limit on a room view is now 60.
- Codes length has been increased by 2.
- You can now show and hide 4 objects on each interaction.
- You can now bring objects to front or send them to back.
December 14, 2013
- Christmas objects are finally here :-)
December 09, 2013
- The library was messy. We cleaned up a little and added subcategories.
December 06, 2013
- Infinite games! Create more by having your friends sign up using your username in the referral field.
November 24, 2013
- Users can't have a 4th game using the Facebook post anymore.
- You now get rewarded with a new blank game when people you invited to Room Escape Maker creates their first game.
October 26, 2013
- Many new objects were added to the library these last weeks and now you can also enjoy the Halloween decorations.
September 26, 2013
- Your game can now have a walkthrough page. If this wasn't automatically added, roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . comcontact us to know more about the feature.
September 25, 2013
- The option to flip objects is available. This doubles the amount of library content :-)
- A bug that was making objects disappear should be fixed.
September 15, 2013
- The object limit in a room view is now 50.
- We've done some serious optimization for faster display.
- A bug that was preventing objects from being dragged was fixed.
September 11, 2013
- You can now sort the items from the inventory by category.
August 27, 2013
- The compatibility of ROOM ESCAPE MAKER on tablets was improved.
August 25, 2013
- The bonus game added by social sites is now only available on the Facebook fan page.
- From now on, if a game you've created reaches 100 votes and an average rating over 50%, you'll receive an extra game into your account :-)
August 20, 2013
- You can now check all the created games out here.
August 16, 2013
- We decided to give a 4th game at anytime. Just go to our Facebook or Google+ fan page and find out how can you get yours.
August 9, 2013
- To promote the ROOM ESCAPE MAKER community, we're giving to some users the possibility of having not 3 but 4 games to design. You have until next thursday to check out our Facebook or Google+ fan page and know what the condition is.
- We've shortened the final url address to your games.
August 6, 2013
- Many small bugs were fixed.
- Every game has now its own thumbnail.
August 2, 2013
- About 20 items were added to the library. From now on, we'll be putting labels on all new items so you can identify them.
August 1, 2013
- A great Tutorial was uploaded. Many thanks to PhantomDarkness135 for agreeing on doing this.
July 30, 2013
- About 40 new items were added to the library.
July 29, 2013
- Statistics for published games
- Credits for user content
July 20, 2013
ROOM ESCAPE MAKER release :-)
The application is brand new and we hope you don't find many bugs. In any case, please test away and roomescapemaker (at) doctorfou . comsend feedback. Also, feel free to share it with your friends to motivate everyone to add content and create room escape games.